October 11, 3:00-4:30 pm
The Greater Cincinnati Choral Consortium (GCCC) is partnering with Crayons to Computers to address the issue of children who are without the basic materials (paper, pencils, scissors, etc.) to help them succeed in school. In the past two years GCCC has raised over $14,000 for basic school supplies. This year’s concert will significantly increase that contribution. The concert format is called a “collage concert” where each of thirteen choirs will have approximately six minutes to present a sampling of their best music. The audience will be treated to a non-stop choral cornucopia of music from the choirs listed below. Another unique aspect of this event is that the choirs sit on either side of the audience when they aren’t performing and therefore are able to enjoy their fellow performers presentations.
We are grateful to our Presenting Sponsor, Cincinnati Container, along with several additional sponsors for covering the event expenses. This allows all of the revenue from the concert to be directed toward the purchase of supplies for local area children.
This year the GCCC is holding the third “Choirs4Crayons” fundraising concert on October 11th starting at 3:00 pm in the Music Hall Ballroom. Seating is limited but you can obtain a ‘Guarantee Yourself A Seat’ card from any of the participating GCCC choirs. Tickets are $15 at the door.
Presenting Sponsor: Cincinnati Container.
Additional sponsors: Premier Social Security Consulting, the Hambleton/Fieler Group, Bank of America, the Otto M. Budig Family Foundation, and Western & Southern Financial Fund.
- Cincinnati Boychoir (Christopher Eanes, conductor)
- Cincinnati Children’s Choir (Robyn Lana, conductor)
- Cincinnati Men’s Chorus (Casey Hayes, conductor)
- COR Music Project
- The Forest-Aires Women’s Chorus (Alex Gartner, conductor)
- Mason Chorale (Karen Mail)
- May Festival Youth Chorus (James Bagwell, conductor)
- MUSE – Cincinnati Women’s Choir (Rhonda Juliano, conductor)
- Northern Kentucky Community Chorus (Stephanie Nash, conductor)
- Southern Gateway Chorus (Jeff Legters, conductor)
- St. Xavier High School (Jeff Stern, conductor)
- Voices of Indiana (Kristin Suess, conductor)
- Voices of the Commonwealth (Tony Burdette, conductor)